Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy Holidays from the Dagmar Family!


I have been doing the Christmas thang with my wee family, kickin' back and enjoying the season. Here is the Dagmar staff enjoying breakfast with Santa. Every year my wife's work place puts on a huge breakfast spread where the employees kids get to visit with Santa and Mrs Clause. Every boy and girl are given a quality gift and it truly is an enjoyable morning. There are crafts for the kids, a free coat check, professional family portraits, fresh coffee, stacks of flapjacks, gangs of bacon and mountains of almost cold scrambled eggs. Mmmmmm yumm :)The eggs are actually pretty good if your there at the right time.

SMILE SANTA!!! YOUR SCARING MY KIDS!!! What ever happened to the Ho Ho Ho???

I have been steeling time in the shop whenever my wife is not looking. I have managed to set in the Spruce neck and tail blocks and prepped these areas for a single Carbon Fiber overlay. I'll be posting pictures at the end of tomorrow.

I am waiting for my Carbon Fiber twill weave to be delivered that will be used for the second lamination. I'd like to start shaping the rim and shaving the wood down.

I have designed this guitar to join the body at the 12th fret. The guitar's bridge will be more in the wider part of the lower bout where the sweetness is. Vicky will have a compact feel still maintaining a 25" scale and full reach to the 21st fret.

I'm excited about this guitar!

No comments:

Post a Comment