Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas


Christmas always seems to come at the wrong time of year. I long for the day when I don't have to have my rational eye on my finances. Awe, to escape feelings of guilt during the season of giving - I hate seeing it as the season of paying.

Some Christmas magic did swirl around our abode a bit. I sold my 1948 Packard Woodie to a gentleman who has a restoration business. He met my price and wired the money into my account. Now I can afford some more hang time until other opportunities come my way. Ontario Art Council grants are announced in February and I'm crossing my fingers.

Also, I got the gift I asked for and I'm over the moon about it! Check out my sweater! It's a George Bailey replica from the movie It's a Wonderful Life. I can't believe that Annette and Roxanne came through - the gift was from Santa but I know better. I was blown away - it took a lot of thought and effort to pull this gift off. This is gift giving at it's best!

I got the family a membership at the YMCA. We need balance and a positive outlet to share with each other and this is a great way to do it. Getting back in shape has been on my to do list for about a decade now - so it was time. Having something to do with the kids is sweet - I get depressed watching them stay in their PJs until lunch time on the weekends. NO MORE! Let's go swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment