Thursday, March 18, 2010

The First Stages Done on OAC Axe

Unfortunately my wireless internet service if down so now I'm back to dial up. Wahoo!
Needless to say I can't post any pictures but will once my crappy Bell service is back. Any who....

The neck has been roughed out and glued up, tapered and honed true. I have also glued three veneers on the back of the peghead for beauty and strength.

The artist in me has been in the torturous throes of indecision. I have had all sorts of ideas about how this guitar should look. In my previous post I said I was going to do a checkerboard of Cooked Flame Maple and Flame Claro Walnut - well...not any more.

I received the figured walnut from California and it's gorgeous wood but the figure in it is very light compared to the figure in the Cooked Flame Maple. So, I pulled a piece of regular white flame maple out from under my bench and decided that the two contrasting maples will look the best. The figure matches and the colour contrast is very fetching. I'm excited to show the pics.

I will be cutting the segment tomorrow and then gluing her up. Hopefully the body will be finalized by Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment