Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Montreal Guitar Show 2010


The Montreal Guitar Show was top notch! The Dagmar table got it's fair share of attention and I know the after effect will be the best thing for my little guitar company. The show is of all importance to its exhibitors and I can't imagine not being in attendance. With saying that I must gush once again about how thankful I am to have been invited to the 2009 Montreal Guitar Show as a total new comer with less than a year of experience. The invite was literally a dream come true.

Most of the magazines came by my table to check out my wares. I am very thankful for the magazines doing their rounds and to take advantage of covering the sensory overload of content for their readership.

The level of craftmenship was jaw dropping. My table was in a row of some of lutheries living legends. My row from left to right began with Linda Manzer, Judy Threat, Peter Ciluzzi, Me and John Montleonni. The row across was Tony Duggan Smith, George Lowden, Paul Woolson, Michael McCarthy, and Sheldon Shwartz. I don't know how they pick and choose table locations but I felt extremely honoured to be in this section. I encourage all to go to www.montrealguitarshow.com and cruise around the various builders.

Every year Jacques Andre Dupont and Tom Ribbecke co-host a luthiers party. This year the open bar bash was held on the Hyatt's roof top terrace overlooking the main stage of the Montreal Jazz Festival. What an awesome venue!! I LOVE Montreal. That evening was particularly windy and summery warm - perfect for beer drinking. And with all that wind swept hair everyone looked looked their best(baldies too).

I feel very fortunate to have been in the company of my wife, Annette, and our friends Martina and Dr. Andy along with Steve and Melissa Nullmeyer. Steve volunteered to showcase "Jennie" in a mini concert and totally knocked me out! He ripped into some bottleneck slide and riffed on alternative tunings. Premier Guitar Magazine taped the concerts and Joe Coffey snapped a ton on pictures. I'm crossing my fingers Steve will see himself in one of these magazines - especially since he came pro bono. Thank you Steve!! I owe you big!!

I met some other outstanding players too. Kinlock Nelson and Bruce Forman both took time to take my girls for a stroll. Jaw dropping, sensational player's players! Both have website and biographies that are worth taking a gander at.

Its hard to believe that a month has passed.

2 comments:

  1. It is so great to see modern guitars with classic touch. Maybe a P-90 model next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P90 is on the list for sure - Jason Lollar

    ReplyDelete