Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Marketing 101

I have been rifling off a mountain of letters to various publications and have been an open receptor to any and all promotional opportunities and suggestions.

TShirts are disappearing fast and I am very thankful for that. It's nice to have my promotional budget refuel itself and to finally be able to pass on shirts to people who have helped me out.

I'm stepping out of the shop for the rest of the week to keep hammering away at getting more exposure. I've been having fun testing different concepts on facebook. I'm glad to see people have a sense of humor and are embracing the idea of the whole BAD ASS Boutique angle. I am proud to say that I have increased my fan base on facebook from about 50 to 240 in three short weeks. Every once and a while a mini viral burst will happen and I'll get 10 new fans in a day. I'm at a point now where I'm getting a guaranteed two per day.

I'm finding that making a list and systematically knocking stuff off works best. I'll be going around locally to expand my network and to remind people that I'm still sluggin' away.

Early next week I'll be starting my double cutaway. I want this guitar to be the show stopper in Montreal. My goal is to create a guitar that would make any Gretsch fan shit their pants. She'll be finished in two tone green with TV Jones pickups and a Bigsby tail piece. She will be named after the main character in Lady Morgan's novel The wild Irish Girl, Glorvina. Glorvina is an Irish name meaning sweet voice. I have an awesome endorser in mind and hopefully the timing will be perfect. This plan is completely out of the box thinking and I'm excited about it!

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment